top
Laporta clarifies his position on fraud allegations Idman.biz
24 January 2026, 11:20
- +

Laporta clarifies his position on fraud allegations

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has released a new statement clarifying his position following fraud allegations.

According to Idman.Biz, it was previously reported that the president of the Catalan club is under investigation for alleged fraud of 4.7 million euros.

"Due to some inaccurate information published in several media outlets regarding the events under investigation, and especially regarding my court statement on January 16, 2026, I am obliged to make the following clarifications:

I did not participate in the signing of the contracts on which the allegations related to the events under investigation are based, as stated in the complaint of the complainant whom I do not know.

I am not and have never been a representative or agent of "CSSB Limited" and therefore I have not and could not sign any contract on its behalf, nor have I authorized the receipt of funds intended for that company.

It is clearly stated in the published information that my signature on the document mentioned, of which I was unaware and on which the complaint is not based, is simply a witness signature, that is, it was signed in my presence by the representative of "CSSB Limited", in accordance with the usual practice of the jurisdiction in which the contract is valid.

Respecting the ongoing judicial investigation, I would like to state that, as the judge has informed me, I am absolutely convinced that it will soon be determined that I did not participate in any form of deception.

Finally, I reserve the right to take appropriate legal action against any biased and/or inaccurate information whose purpose is nothing other than to damage my image, reputation and honor," Laporta said.

The claim against Laporta and two others was filed by a family that deposited lottery winnings into Hong Kong-based "CSSB Limited" for three years at 6% per year. Investment profits were expected to be 792,000 euros over two years, during which five different contracts were signed. However, the family eventually received only 84,000 euros and their investments were not returned.

Qarabağ FK

Latest news

Football
Today, 20:32

Ancelotti may call up Gabriel Sara to the Brazil National Team

Football
Today, 20:27

Arteta says they accepted criticism after the game with "Wolverhampton"

Football
Today, 20:18

AFFA Executive Committee meeting: Budget, appointments, bonus system and Reporting Conference

Football
Today, 20:03

Anthony Gordon Named Champions League Player of the Week

Football
Today, 19:58

"Besiktas" rejected "Zenit's" 30 million euro offer for Orkun Kökçü

Football
Today, 19:48

Ronaldo's ex-girlfriend: They offered me money to speak badly about him

Football
Today, 19:44

AFFA Referees Committee composition formed, new bonus system for referees approved

Football
Today, 19:41

AFFA Executive Committee discusses 2026 budget, Substitutes League, referees and other issues

Chess
Today, 19:33

Shahriyar Mammadyarov in the final of the Azerbaijan Chess Championship!

Olympics
Today, 19:28

Fatima Huseynli finished fifth at the European Championship

Football
Today, 19:19

Islam Hasanov returns to "Red Star Belgrade"

Chess
Today, 19:15

Turkan Mammadyarova: I deserved to lose in the Azerbaijan Championship because I don't dedicate enough time to chess

Football
Today, 19:05

"Real Madrid" has submitted evidence to UEFA in support of Vinicius

Football
Today, 18:59

Spaletti wants to sell 8 players from "Juventus"

Olympics
Today, 18:50

Fatima Huseynli Takes Fifth Place at European Championship

Basketball
Today, 18:44

"Ganja" Defeats "Neftchi" and Advances to the Semifinals of the Azerbaijan Basketball Cup

Basketball
Today, 18:35

"Ganja" defeats "Neftchi" to advance to the semi-finals of the Azerbaijan Basketball Cup

Football
Today, 18:29

Mert Melik's assist brings draw to "Sivasspor"

Others
Today, 18:22

AMADA's activities will be evaluated by the Council of Europe in 2033

Football
Today, 18:12

Ronaldo's Confrontation with "Benfica" Fans: Middle Finger and Punishment

Football
Today, 18:10

Antoine Griezmann Overtakes Thierry Henry in Champions League

Minifootball
Today, 18:08

Azerbaijan Futsal Premier League: In the XI round, "Neftchi" SC crushed "Lankaran", while "Araz-Nakhchivan" defeated "Baku Fire"

Football
Today, 18:00

I League: Victories from "Zaqatala" and "Shahdag Qusar", leader "Shafa" lost points

Football
Today, 17:58

"Newcastle" fans thank Baku: "The best trip we've ever taken"

Related news