top
Neville: Liverpool has lost its strength in attack and weakened in defense Idman.biz
26 January 2026, 23:06
- +

Neville: Liverpool has lost its strength in attack and weakened in defense

Former Manchester United player Gary Neville criticized Liverpool after their match against Bournemouth in the 23rd round of the Premier League.

Idman.Biz reports that the game ended 3:2 in favor of Bournemouth.

"They looked weak, and I have to say, watching them for the first time, I thought they had softened a bit. They've been a little softer in some areas, and that's not their style. I thought they were very aggressive last year, but they've lost their attacking edge, and in my opinion, they've softened in defense, which has made them easier to play against, so that's a real problem for them. If Liverpool doesn't start rebuilding their game, they will lose the credibility they gained by winning the league last year."

"What I don't believe is that in the last week, I've heard several interviews from Liverpool officials, including the manager, saying that this season should be a transition season. No, forget it, I'm not going to listen to that. No, this shouldn't have been a transition season. You spent £450 million on all these players in the summer, and this should have been the season you were going to win two titles in a row," said Neville.

After 23 rounds of the Premier League, Liverpool is sixth in the standings with 36 points.

On January 28, Liverpool will host Qarabag in the eighth round of the UEFA Champions League main stage.

Qarabağ FK

Latest news

Olympics
Today, 03:17

Olympics-2026: Quarter-final pairings determined in men's ice hockey tournament

Football
Today, 02:12

Champions League: "Real", PSG, "Borussia" and "Galatasaray" prevailed in the first matches

Football
Today, 02:06

UEFA Champions League play-off stage kicks off: Results of the first matches

Football
Today, 01:49

Okan Buruk comments on the victory over "Juventus": "We controlled the game"

Football
Today, 01:34

Spalletti talks about Juventus' heavy defeat to Galatasaray

Football
Today, 01:15

Usman Dembele Injured and Substituted in Match Against Monaco

Football
Today, 00:55

"Juventus" Suffered a Historic Defeat in the Champions League: 5 Goals from "Galatasaray"

Football
Today, 00:34

Jose Luis Mendilibar Talks About Champions League Performance Ahead of Game Against "Bayer"

Football
Today, 00:14

Xabi Alonso rejects Marseille head coach offer

Football
Yesterday, 23:53

Igor Tudor: "Tottenham's" current situation is unacceptable

Football
Yesterday, 23:44

"Galatasaray" Defeated "Juventus" with a Score of 5:2

Football
Yesterday, 23:44

"Galatasaray" Defeated "Juventus" in the UEFA Champions League Play-off Stage

Football
Yesterday, 23:40

"Galatasaray" Crushes "Juventus" in UEFA Champions League (5:2)

Football
Yesterday, 23:38

Champions League: "Galatasaray" Defeats "Juventus" (5:2)

Football
Yesterday, 23:21

Rooney: No world-class star at Arsenal

Football
Yesterday, 23:05

CL statistics: Anthony Gordon is the fastest player, and Addai is faster than Haaland;

Football
Yesterday, 22:58

Xabi Alonso Rejects Marseille's Offer

Football
Yesterday, 22:55

XVI Round of the Substitutes League: 10 goals in the "Turan Tovuz-2" - "Shamakhi-2" match, victory from "Neftchi-2";

Football
Yesterday, 22:49

AFFA Referees Committee supports penalty decision in “Gabala” – “Sabah” match - VIDEO

Gymnastics
Yesterday, 22:25

Abdulla Aliyev Wins International Competition in Istanbul

Football
Yesterday, 22:19

Bastoni says he regrets simulating in the Juventus game

Football
Yesterday, 22:16

Rahim Hasanov commented on the controversial episodes of the Misli Premier League

Olympics
Yesterday, 22:03

Jurgen Klopp Rings Bell at Olympic Biathlon Relay

Football
Yesterday, 22:01

AFFA Referees Committee supports penalty decision in "Gabala" - "Sabah" match

Related news